playing violent computer games and an increase in aggressive behaviour. In addition, some studies have provided support for the argument that computer game playing...
This paper is going to envisage the question of violence in computer and video games. The topics that are supposed to be discussed hereinafter are the following: the characteristics of various computer and video games; the development of violent games and their classifications; different opinions on the impact the violent computer games have on the psyche of children and adults; the evidence that violent video games do cause aggressive behaviors; the studies conducted by psychologists and pediatricians that vindicate that violence games make children aggressive; and the pieces of advice for parents concerning ho to protect children from the influence of violence that surrounds them in the everyday world.
Computer Games Essay - IELTSbuddy
computer games replace more important activities of the childhood such as reading playing and doing sports outside, working on hobbies or just communicating with the friends and the family. And beside that, as it was mentioned above, children are eager learners; and unfortunately, they learn violence from the games sooner than some positive things from other activities. Pediatricians advise parents not to introduce children to the video and computer games before they reach their adolescence. As being older children tend to choose much more peaceful games such as strategic-planning games or sport-oriented ones. “Pediatricians also can encourage parents to be actively involved in their children's choice of media entertainment… When a child has behavioral or academic problems, it is especially important to pay attention to how much time the child spends on interactive media. Parents should be aware that interventions to decrease television, video, and video game exposure have been shown to be effective.” (Hae-Jung Song, Anderson, 2001)
To sum up everything said in this paper the conclusion can be made that there are different opinions concerning violent video and computer games. Some consider that the games do not cause aggressive behavior, but on the contrary they help to get rid of the aggression during the game. Others believe that violent games are really the prerequisites for violent behaviors, and this exact point of view is vindicated by the great number of studies. But all is not lost, and there is the way out of the situation. Parents together with pediatricians are able to prevent the catastrophe and make the children interested not only in playing computer games but also other activities that help the children’s personalities develop and become mature enough to be able to identify while playing the game whether it is only a game or a dangerous reality.
computer games are very fun. Computer games aims focus on to relieve stress. Therefore, computer games are very splendid violent ... excludes accidental acts that...However, concerns have been raised about the prolific use of computer games by children, much of this related to the violence they contain. The problem is that in many of the games children are rewarded for being more violent, and this violence is repeated again and again. For instance, many games involve children helping their character to kill, kick, stab and shoot. This may lead to increased aggressive feelings, thoughts, and behaviours.
Violent Video Games Children And Young People Essay According to observation Violent video game makes children. Violent Video Games Children And Young People. Violent Video Games. Video games always provide a great pass time activity for children Gun violence: essay example; Getting paper assistance; Essay sample:. Video Game Violence Outline. Published:. B. Violent video games have detrimental effects on children Essays; Psychology; Video Game Violence Outline. Argumentative Essay: Video games In my opinion video games are a wonder pastime which has the. the violence depicted in video games is computer. My Essay/Research Paper on Video Game. My Essay/Research Paper on Video Game Violence Most people would generally expect that playing violent video games.
1. Anderson C.A., Bushman B.J. (September 5, 2001). Effects of Violent Video Games on Aggressive Behavior, Aggressive Cognition, Aggressive Affect, Psychological Arousal, and Prosocial Behavior. 353-359. Retrieved July 25, 2007 from
2. Bushman B.J., Anderson C.A. (December 12, 2002). Violent Video Games and Hostile Expectations: A Test of the General Aggression Model. 1679-1686. Retrieved July 25, 2007 from
3. Choosing Good Computer and Video Game. (June 7, 2007). Retrieved July 25, 2007 from
4. Computer Games - Brief History of Violence in Computer Games. (November 25, 2004). Retrieved July 25, 2007 from
5. Forsyth R., Harland R., Edwards T. (April, 2001). Computer Game Delusions. 184-185. Retrieved July 25, 2007 from
6. Hae-Jung Song E., Anderson J.E. (2001) How violent video games may violate children's health. Retrieved July 25, 2007 from violence they had experienced in the past made no difference.” (Lavelle, April 13, 2006) This experiment is only one out of many others that prove the same – that violent video games cause aggressive and violent behaviors. Onward, the terrible example of the result of playing violent computer game is going to be described. “A young man was admitted from prison to a psychiatric facility after reports that he had been acting in a bizarre manner. He had been arrested for stealing motor vehicles and assaults with weapons. At interview he was found to be experiencing the delusion that he was a player inside a computer game (adult-certificate game, widely available) in which points are scored for stealing cars, killing assailants and avoiding police vehicles.” (Forsyth, Harland, Edwards, April, 2001) This psychic state of the young man was a result of his computer enthusiasm and incessant playing. The man believed that the better vehicles he stole the more scores he received. And beside that, he asserted that if he had had to kill someone he would not have hesitated as this would have brought him more points. The young man was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. This is the poster child for those who are obsessed with playing violent computer games – the horrible state of the person who did not even know that everything he believed in was only the fight of his imagination.
Lieutenant Colonel David Grossman, a psychologist and adjunct professor at Arkansas State University, the scientist studying the psychology of killing for the Army, believes that the desire and readiness to kill a person does not come naturally. It requires desensitization “by repeated exposure to violence and classical conditioning by associating aggressive acts with a pleasant experience. Willingness to kill also relies on stimulus-response training so that the conditioned response
(shooting a gun) becomes automatic with the right stimulus (alien or person in